Research Assistant and Coaching
I have a passion for research and contributing to the production of new scholarship. I have held several paid research assistant positions at top institutions.
In summer of 2015, I worked with Professor Shon Hiatt and Jake Grandy in the USC Marshall School of Business; we analyzed the impact social movements have on enabling or constraining business activities and how that ability is moderated by the autonomy government regulators have in approving licenses. My primary focus was researching over 1,000 hydropower lawsuits and public statements in the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) database to assess their effect on license approval.
During Fall 2016 and Spring 2017, I was a research assistant for the University of California, Berkeley. I researched domestic climate policy, including the implications of carbon pricing models (e.g. cap & trade vs. carbon tax) and restrictions of private sector greenhouse gas emissions on the environment, economy, and international leadership. I also guided students' research and argument development.
Currently, I am a research assistant at my alma mater. This year, I contributed to the USC debate team's research on national health insurance policy in the United States. My work focused on the effect of single-payer and multi-payer systems on healthcare costs, taxes, medical innovation, the pharmaceutical industry, and the 2018 midterm elections.
While at USC, I completed several intern programs as a Summer Financial Analyst at Mariner Holdings and a Summer Business Analyst at FishNet Security.
At Mariner, I was working in the wealth management practice group. I was responsible for creating wealth allocation reviews and performance reports for clients as well as attending event-driven strategy meetings in US equities and credit markets. I also took a lead role in the rollout of new financial planning software, Riskalyze, by demonstrating its functionalities and training our senior wealth advisors on utilizing the program.
At FishNet, I worked on the project management team, where I was responsible for setting up and attending conferences between outside clients, vendors, contractors, and internal consultants. FishNet was recognized as the #1 provider of information security solutions in 2014 and soon after merged with Accuvant to form Optiv Security.
Research Assistant at USC
• Researched national health insurance policy in the United States, focusing on the effect of single-payer and multi-payer systems on healthcare costs, taxes, medical innovation and the pharmaceutical industry
• Provided research support and training in argument strategy for undergraduate students
Research Assistant at UC Berkeley
• Researched domestic climate policy, including implications of carbon pricing models and restrictions of private sector greenhouse gas emissions on the environment, economy, and international leadership
• Guided students' research and argument development
Research assistant at USC
• Research assistant for Professor Shon Hiatt and Jake Grandy
• Researched the impact social movements have on enabling or constraining business activities, and how that ability is moderated by the autonomy government regulators have in approving licenses
• Analyzed over 1,000 hydropower lawsuits and public statements in the FERC government database
Financial Analyst at Mariner Holdings
• Summer internship at Mariner Holdings, Leawood, KS
• Summer internship at FishNet Security, Overland Park, KS